Q: What is an eStatement?
A: eStatements, or electronic statements, are a feature of Online Banking which allows you to access your eligible account statements online. eStatements offer the following benefits:
- Safe. Keep your personal information secure. Secure Sign On helps us protect your valuable information including eStatements.
- Easy to access anywhere. eStatements are delivered faster than those sent through the mail. An email is sent to you when a new statement is available.
- Environmentally friendly. eStatements can be saved to your computer and printed only when needed. Gone are the files, drawers, and boxes filled with bank statements.
Q: How do I begin receiving eStatements?
A: eStatements are only available for customers through Cape Cod Five Online or Business Online Banking. If you are not currently enrolled for Online Banking, go to www.capecodfive.com and click on the "Enroll Now" link found in the Online Banking login area at the top right of the page. If you already use Cape Cod Five Online Banking, log in to your account and follow these steps:
- Click on the "eStatements" tab.
- The first page describes the benefits of eStatements and other important information.
- By default, all of your accounts will be enrolled for eStatements. If you would like to unenroll any of your accounts, click on the "Details" link and select the account/s for which you would like to adjust enrollment settings
- Confirm your email address.
- Enter your personal security phrase. This phrase will display in the subject line of each eStatement alert email that you will receive from Cape Cod Five.
- Enter the enrollment passcode. Note: You view the passcode by clicking on the link provided. It is case sensitive.
- Confirm that you have read and agree to the eStatement Agreement. You must scroll to the bottom of the agreement before the system will allow you to tick the checkbox.
- Click "Enroll Now" to complete the process.
Q: How much do eStatements cost?
A: eStatements are free and part of the services provided to you via Cape Cod Five Online Banking.
Q: What accounts are eligible for eStatements?
A: Checking, savings, certificate of deposit, money market and loan accounts are all eligible for eStatement delivery.
Q: How do I view my eStatements? Do I need any special software?
A: You may view your statements electronically for all eligible accounts when they become available by logging in to your Cape Cod Five Online Banking account. Simply click on the "eStatements" tab at the top of the page and select the statement for the appropriate account. You can view, print or download copies of your eStatements. In order to download or print copies of your eStatements you must have Adobe® Reader®, or another software capable of displaying PDF files, installed on your computer. The software is available to download free at www.adobe.com. We do recommend temporarily disabling any pop-up blockers enabled on your web browser.
Q: How do I print my eStatement? How do I download a copy to my computer?
A: When you click on an eStatement link, it will open as a PDF file. You will then be able to download a copy to your computer or print a copy for filing purposes. In order to download or print copies of your eStatements you must have Adobe® Reader®, or another software capable of displaying PDF files, installed on your computer. The software is available to download free at www.adobe.com.
Q: Will I receive notification when my eStatements are ready for viewing?
A: Each statement cycle you will receive an email from the Cape Cod Five email address [email protected] announcing that your statement is ready for viewing. Simply log in to Cape Cod Five Online Banking and select the "eStatement" tab at the top of the page to view your statement links. If you need to update your email address, log into Cape Cod Five Online Banking and choose the “Settings” tab. You may also contact our Customer Service Center at 888-225-4636. Please note that if we are unable to successfully deliver eStatement notifications to you for two months in a row, your eStatements will be disabled and we will resume delivery of paper statements.
Q: Is my eStatement information secure?
A: To provide a high level of security, Cape Cod Five does not send statement information through email. Instead, you access your statement information when you wish via Cape Cod Five Online Banking, which uses the most secure means available to keep your information safe.
Q: What if my email address changes?
A: If your email address changes, log in to Cape Cod Five Online Banking, under the "Settings" tab choose the "Personal" menu option to make the change. You may also contact our Customer Service Center at 888-225-4636.
Q: What if I change my mind and want to go back to paper statements?
A: You may change your statement preferences any time by logging in to Cape Cod Five Online Banking, clicking on the "eStatements" tab, clicking on "Sign up/Changes" then selecting the appropriate delivery method for the eligible account(s) specified. If you change an account's statement delivery method back to "paper," you will lose access to any statements previously delivered online. You may want to save your eStatements before making this change.
Q: How long will statements be available online?
A: Upon enrollment we will begin to deliver eStatements to you immediately on your next statement date. Up to 18 months of eStatements history will be retained for viewing, printing or downloading. Paper copies of older statements may be requested by calling our Customer Service Center at 888-225-4636 or by emailing us using the secure email within Cape Cod Five Online Banking (fees will apply). If you change an account's statement delivery method back to "paper," you will lose access to any statements previously delivered online. You may want to save your online statements before making this change.
Q: Will I continue to receive paper statements once I enroll for eStatements?
A: No, once you complete the enrollment process for eStatements, paper statements are no longer produced for your account(s). However, based on when you sign up for eStatements, you may receive a paper statement and an electronic statement within the same month.
Q: Will I be able to view my check images?
A: Yes, check images will be embedded within your eStatements.