We have a wide range of mortgage solutions for all types of properties: primary and second homes, investment and seasonal properties, land and construction, and will work with you to find the solution that is right for you.
Select the option that best fits your situation or explore our range of solutions below.
Traditionally a popular option, fixed-rate mortgages provide the security of a fixed monthly payment over the life of the loan. Cape Cod 5 offers traditional terms that allow you to choose repayment terms that best meet your unique needs. The shorter the term, the less interest you’ll pay.
Adjustable-Rate Mortgages (ARMs)
An adjustable-rate mortgage has a monthly payment that may change over the life of the loan There will be a fixed-rate and monthly payment amount for an agreed upon term and then the rate and payment will convert to adjustable for the remainder of the loan term. For example, a 5 year adjustable-rate mortgage will have a fixed rate and payment for the first 5 years of the loan and then may change each year based on market conditions and the specific terms of the loan. Benefits of this mortgage type include:
- Affordable monthly payments – typically lower than longer term fixed-rate mortgages
- A good short-term solution when you aren’t planning to stay in the same home for long
A mortgage is classified as jumbo when the loan amount is greater than the conventional conforming loan limits set by the Federal Housing Finance Agency. Cape Cod 5 offers jumbo mortgages up to $3 million for both primary residences and second homes.
Cape Cod 5’s construction loan offers one-step financing for the construction of a new home, or rehabilitation of an existing home. Payments are interest only for the construction period and then convert to a standard fixed or adjustable rate mortgage.
Our one-step process saves you money and time. One application, one loan, and one closing!
A land loan allows you to finance the purchase of a buildable lot. Cape Cod 5 provides generous terms including:
- Adjustable rate loans
- The ability to use the equity in your land as part, or all, of the down payment on your construction loan when you are ready to build your new home.
First Time Homebuyer and Affordable Home Loan Programs
Online Certificate Classes – Qualify for First Time Homebuyer Mortgage Products
Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae offer complimentary online classes for first time homebuyers. When completed, participants receive a certificate that qualifies them for specific first time homebuyer mortgage products offered through Cape Cod 5. This is a great opportunity to prepare for homeownership and learn more about the homebuying process.
Not sure where to start? Have any questions? Get in touch with a Cape Cod 5 Mortgage Loan Officer, we are here to help!
Cape Cod 5 recognizes the critical need for workforce and affordable housing on Cape Cod and has undertaken a number of initiatives with MassHousing, the state’s major housing finance agency to help meet these housing needs. Through our partnership with MassHousing we offer reduced closing costs, below market rates, extended terms and a number of other special financing options to qualified individuals and families.
We are proud to be recognized as MassHousing’s #1 Lender in Barnstable County for the 11th consecutive year!
Buying a home that needs a little TLC or does your existing home need to be renovated? We can help.
This program features:
- Low down payment
- MIPLUSTM Job Loss Protection
- Lender Paid Mortgage Insurance available
- Available to homebuyers and homeowners
Certain loan programs are referred to as “government loans.” This reference is generally used for loans that are insured by a federal agency such as the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, US Department of Veterans Affairs, or the US Department of Agriculture Rural Development.
- FHA: This program offers a fixed-rate mortgage requiring a down payment as low as 3.5% with no income limits, expanded qualifying criteria and flexible down payment sources. This program is insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), a government agency within the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- VA: This program was designed to offer financing to eligible US Veterans and active military service personnel. The program offers a fixed-rate mortgage with no down payment, no income limit, and closing costs may be provided as a gift. This program is guaranteed by the US Department of Veterans Affairs.